- A) You chose a rider per stage. You get points for that rider based on their finishing position at the end of the stage, and any points for KOM and Sprint (+ve or -ve). Points are awarded for the GC as listed in the table below
B) If you prefer the traditional time-based competition, you can still access that by creating a mini-league , and selecting the time-based competition
- Each stage’s allocated points go towards your overall total. The person with the hightest points at the end of the competition wins, just like the real race.
- You can only chose a rider once during the competition. For example, once you have used Sagan that’s it, your ticket is punched for the Slovakian Express.
- For a Team Time Trial (TTT), you still choose one rider and you get their time, not the team’s time. If your rider gets dropped by the team before the finish you will get their time when they cross the line.
- You can put all your rider selections in at the start, change them as you go, or put them in each night. Your selection must be in by the stage start time. This start time is listed in stage description on the selection entry page.
- If you miss the cut-off, or your rider doesn’t start, or doesn’t finish the stage, or finishes outside the time limit, or any other outcome that results in the rider not starting the next stage, you will get the first rider from the Default list that you have not yet chosen. This list will be made up of the current UCI World Rankings. Riders will be allocated from #1 downwards. There are some good riders there so if you are befallen by a crash rest assured you will probably still be in it, one gun rider down probably, but still in it. If you are given a default rider and they are the highest selected rider for that stage you do not share in any prizes for that stage.
- You are allowed up to 5 default selections. Once your number default selections is greater than 5 you are ejected from the competition and all winnings are forfeited.
- A default selection always trumps a future existing pick. Therefore make sure you review your selections if you enter them all in at the start of the race.
- Results are from the organising association’s official website.
- If there is a stage prize for a given stage (or intermediate location in the stage), a stage winner is defined as the first uniquely selected rider of the stage, ie the rider may not necessarily win the stage. If there is no unique winner the prize jackpots to the next stage prize.
- If there are overall prizes for the Fantasy Competition then prizes are awarded to the final winners of the General Classification, Sprint and KOM classifications. In case of a tie, the player with the fewest number of default choices (if any) wins. If it is still a tie, the player who has the most number of stage wins is the winner. If it is still a tie, the player who has the most number of sprint wins is the winner. If it is still a tie, the player who has chosen the most 1st place riders HC climbs is the winner. If it is still a tie, the fantasy competition players will set out on an hour record competition on the closest 250m velodrome to their respective locations within 7 days of the date of our choosing. The person who travels the furthest in the hour (current UCI hour record rules apply). A 10km handicap will be awarded to female competitors if against a male competitor.
- CyclingTips reserves the right to disqualify anyone at any point of the competition if cheating is suspected.
- Players may only create one account and play the fantasy competition once per race. Players who are found to have created more than one account and to have played concurrently will be disqualified.
- If a race being played in the fantasy competition gets cut short and does not finish for any reason, no winner will be decided and no prize will be awarded to any player.
Terms and Conditions
WHO CAN ENTER:
• The CyclingTips Fantasy Competition is open worldwide.
• The CyclingTips Fantasy Competition is subject to all federal, state, provincial, council or municipal laws, and is void where prohibited.
• Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the CyclingTips Fantasy Competition. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
• CyclingTips employees and their family members are able to participate in the league but are not eligible to win any prizing.
HOW TO ENTER AND PARTICIPATION:
• Entrants must visit https://www.fantasy.cyclingtips.com/ (the “Site”) during the CyclingTips Fantasy Competition Period.
• To participate in the CyclingTips Fantasy Competition the entrant must be logged into www.fantasy.cyclingtips.com via their own login account.
• Registration for the CyclingTips Fantasy Competition is free.
• The entrant must visit the contest page during the (“Contest Period”) and follow the instructions including How To Play can be found on this page (https://fantasy.cyclingtips.com/Home/Fantasy-Competition/The-Rules) and play the competition.
• (“The CyclingTips Fantasy Competition”) is based on the the specified three week Grand Tour Race.
• Any use of an electronic device or software to enhance or alter entrants’ odds of winning will count as a fraudulent entry. Entries that are fraudulent are not permitted and will be declared invalid.
• All entries become the property of the CyclingTips and will not be acknowledged or returned. Receipt of entries for the Contest will not be acknowledged, and proof of submission of an entry will not be deemed proof of receipt.
• CyclingTips reserves the right to delete any entries or remove participants that are in violation of the Official Rules.
• By participating in the Contest, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules.
• Winners are responsible for taxes, duty and/or import tariffs, where applicable.
The Contest Game is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and local/municipal laws and is void where prohibited by law. If any provision of these Official Rules is found by any court of competent jurisdiction to be unenforceable, all other provisions will remain in full force and effect.
CyclingTips will not, under any circumstances, be responsible for, or liable to any entrant or any other person for:
• any erroneous lost, damaged, late, incomplete, misdirected, deleted, defective, or altered Contest registrations, regardless of the cause, including, but not limited to, failure of the Site;
• any failure for any reason whatsoever of the selected entrant to receive a prize notification;
• any changes in email addresses after Contest registrations are submitted; and
• any computer, online, telephone, or technical malfunctions or errors that may occur, regardless of the cause.
If for any reason the CyclingTips Fantasy Competition is not capable of being conducted as intended by CyclingTips, including due to computer viruses, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other cause that corrupts or interferes with the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest, the Sponsor may, at its sole discretion, disqualify any entrant responsible for such misconduct and cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the CyclingTips Fantasy Competition.
The prize Sponsors will ship the prizing directly. The Sponsor will not be responsible for any tax or customs liability that arises in relation to the delivery of the prizing.
Decisions of CyclingTips are final and binding.
By entering the CyclingTips Fantasy Competition, participants consent to CyclingTips’ collection, use, and disclosure of the personal information provided in the CyclingTips Fantasy Competition registration for the administration of the competition, including posting of the Winner’s name and city of residence on the CyclingTips or the Sponsor’s website. CyclingTips will use the Winner’s personal information only for identified purposes, and protect the Winner’s personal information in a manner that is. Entrants may write to the Sponsor and request that their information be removed from the Sponsor’s records.